Sunday, January 4, 2009

Moving In

I started the day off on the bus. It's been days since I moved out of home and I'm eager to move into a place I can call my own. There was this strange guy called Rover sitting across from me now (must've picked him up overnight). I introduced myself and Rover said that my name was masculin...and that I was also. I tried to avoid him at this point but he continued to interrogate me. In the end he gave me a map and laughed obnoxiously in my face. I was happy to see the end of him as I stepped off the bus and onto the snowy ground. When I went to look at an empty house I was immediately set upon by local property mogul, Tom Nook, who was very quick to force me into a house I couldn't afford.

Tom Nook is a crafty one indeed, after pushing me into buying his house he immediately starts bullying me into working off the debt. For the rest of the day I am enslaved; running about the town on little errands for the shady bastard. Tom Nook is also the owner of the general store, you see, and it soon became my job to advertise for him. Whilst doing this I decided to kill 2 birds with a single stone and introduce myself to the townsfolk. The first creature I spoke to introduced herself as a gossip queen and sure enough, when it came time to introduce myself to woodland creature number two they had already been alerted to my presence. Another local shared with me his own painful story about working off debt for Tom Nook. Mr. Nook seems like a powerful local figure indeed. To tell you the truth...he scares me a little. But it seems Tom Nook isn't the only bastard around town; whilst on one of my little walks I fell into a hole that someone had dug and then covered over with snow. It was painfully reminiscent of the kind of traps they'd set in a Looney Tunes cartoon. I was hurt and humiliated. Then I saw something. I hid behind a tree very quickly and this is what I saw.

The shovel in hand, the sneaky sideways glance, I knew I had found the culprit. But alas, Tom Nook was working me like a dog and I feared him too much to dillydally. So for the rest of the goddamn day I worked until finally he set me free. I still owed him money mind, but alteast now
I didn't have to be around him all day. I didn't have the time to move in like I had wanted...but I did get my revenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment